Home Page: Village Meeting Minutes
March 28, 2007 regular village board meeting
Village of Wonewoc Proceeding of regular Village Board meeting March 28, 2007.
The meeting was called to order pursuant to the posted and published notice. The meeting was called to order at 7:00pm. The following trustees present for meeting: Field, Norling, K. Jennings, Roehling, Miller, S. Jennings, and Decot.
Motion by K. Jennings, seconded by S. Jennings to approve the bills and vouchers for the period February 28, 2007 through March 28, 2007. Motion carried.
Motion by S. Jennings, seconded by Norling to approve the minutes of the February 28, 2007 board meeting. Motion carried.
Police Report 1. Calls for service in February—51 2. Above average municipal citations for February 3. Attended a safe school workshop in Madison which was presented by the FBI 4. Police Policy Manual draft has been completed. Once it is finalized it will be
available in both printed and electronic format
1. Motion by Norling to accept $200 donation from the Wonewoc Area Fire Department and Donald L. Fry to be used for improvements at Baker’s Field Park. Motion seconded by Miller. Motion carried.
2. Motion by Miller, seconded by Field to have Spring Clean Up Days April 26, 27 and 28, 2007. Motion carried.
3. Motion by K. Jennings, seconded by Norling to close Bridge Street and Center Street from intersection with N. East Street to intersection with Gordon Street and Washington Street from intersection with Center Street to intersection with West Street on Saturday, May 19, 2007. Motion carried.
4. Phyllis Polk of the Friends of the Wonewoc Public Library addressed the Board requesting a donation to help defray the cost of mailing requests for donations from local residents. Motion by Miller, seconded by Roehling to donate $200 to the Friends of the Wonewoc Public Library. Motion carried.
5. Motion by Field, seconded by S. Jennings to refinance Loan #3011 in the amount of $315,000 with the Bank of Wonewoc for 3 years at an interest rate of 4.42% Motion carried.
6. Motion by Field, seconded by Roehling to approve an Operator’s License for Jessica M. Owen. Motion carried.
7. The Board received 2 bids for mowing and trimming at Pine Eden Cemetery. Scott’s Property Maintenance submitted a bid of $14 per hour which includes equipment and labor with a not to exceed season total of $2,400. The second bid was from Timothy M. Drea. He proposed $15 per hour which includes equipment and labor. After discussion motion by Roehling, seconded by S. Jennings to accept the bid for Scott’s Property Maintenance for mowing and trimming at Pine Eden Cemetery for the 2007 season. Motion carried.
8. Motion to go into Closed Session at 7:50pm by S. Jennings, seconded by Norling. Motion carried.
9. Reconvene into Open Session at 8:40pm
10. No action to be taken on Closed Session items.
1. Wayne Neitzel has several comments: • The Briggs property which has been an eye sore has been purchased.
Therefore someone is working to clean up the place. • He feels the Village Private Well Ordinance is unfair and puts a hardship
on those who take pride in their property. • He continues to have problems with rusty water at his house. He wanted
to know what was being done about this problem. Field stated that the Water Department in the next few days will be revisiting this issue to try to determine what is causing this problem. The water at his house has been tested several times and the tests come back that the water is safe.
2. Tammy Woirol is starting a new business at her home on Center St. She wants to put a sign in her front yard advertising her business. The Village ordinance for a business in a residential zoned area only allows a one square foot sign. She wants to place a 2-sided sign that is 3’ x 4’. President Decot suggested that Board Members stop by Tammy’s house and look at the area. She also needs to talk with her neighbors to get their input regarding a since in the front yard. This will be place on the agenda for the next Board Meeting.
3. Jim Jackson who lives next door to a piece of property the Village owns would like to cut down the trees on the Village property because the trees are a nuisance. They are very old and tall pine trees that have become unsightly and drop pine needles and sap every where. Several Board members will stop by his house and look at the trees to see if trees can be cut down or if not what else can be done to alleviate the problem.
1. K. Jennings reported that the 2-phase meters will be tested some time this next month. This will be the first time in over 15 years that the meters have been tested.
2. Norling reported that work on the new shelter at Baker’s Field will be started mid- April.
Motion by Field, seconded by Norling to adjourn at 8:55pm. Motion carried.
/s/Linda Reeder Linda Reeder Administrator
September 24, 2014 Regular Village Board Minutes
August 27, 2014 Regular Village Board Minutes
July 23, 2014 Regular Village Board Minutes
June 25, 2014 Regular Village Board Minutes
May 28, 2014 Regular Village Board Minutes
April 23, 2014 Regular Village Board Minutes
March 26, 2014 Regular Village Board Minutes
February 26, 2014 Regular Village Board Minutes
January 22, 2014 Regular Village Board Minutes
December 18, 2013 Regular Village Board Minutes